Sunday, April 3, 2005

Why I pay more attention to technical over fundamental

The reason I don't emphasize fundamental analysis in my trading strategy is that for short term trading technical analysis and psychology plays a major role. My strategy is to grasp a trend, make most of it in the shortest time. Even a company is found severely under-valued after I did a fundamental research, I would not put money in it. I need my money in a moving stock. 10 or 20 points under value doesn't mean anything to me, I can't wait for months or years for it to move or to be realized and bought up by other investors and institutions. I don't have that patience, I don't have that luxury. Being in a moving stock is a must do for a trader.

undervalued means the stock may be cheap, it doesn't mean the stock price will go up. How can you find out a stock is ready to move? By technical analysis, my friend. By volume, chart pattern, price, trend and so on. And this is where my strategy focused on, this is what you will learn in my nightly newsletter.

No comments: