Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Lesson from Sol at Xtrend

Among the investing bloggers I regularly visit, I have a lot of respect towards Xtrend gang. The main reason is they correctly predicted last year's crash and made lots of profit from it. Trader Sol grew his account from 350k to 4 million at the end of last year. Today he announced he blew it off.

How can a good trader like him lose it all? I conclude 3 reasons from my observation of his trading this year.

1. Fighting the trend. He has been shorting this market all the way up from March.
2. Picking the turn. He has been trying to pick the top from March.
3. Being stubborn instead of flexible. Though we are in a long term bear market, the inter medium is clearly up after March 23rd. Being a trader, recognize it and go with it.

And best luck to Sol, hope he learned his lesson and recover himself from it. He can be much stronger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I think you called this one right!