Sunday, March 12, 2006

Dell technical support!!!!

Friday afternoon, I was surprised to see a Dell technician show up at my door, who came up a day earlier than I expected. He checked and switched the hard drive twice, since one of them had gone bad. I asked him if he would help me set up the raid. He answered he only took care of the hardware part. That is OK, I get friends who can help me. So he left. I connected cable, and discovered.....

The Dell technician did not install the new harddrive in my computer, he took it away with him. My computer is still the same, still running the same error message.

I am so pissed. First of all, if he set up the raid, he would discover I still have the wrong harddrive in my computer. His excuse about hardware and software was so lame. Imagine bringing your car to a shop to change an engine. The technician gave you a new engine and told you to install it yourself. So ridiculous. Secondly, if the Dell guy were not so careless, were more responsible for his works, this would not happen. I know it was Friday, he wanted to rush home, but he should take care of his works first. Or he'd better come over next business day, which would produce a more efficient result.

I am so disappointed by Dell.

No comments: