Tuesday, February 7, 2006

Wild fire

I thought I could relax a little to get used to the U.S. time, but I could not. I did not go out at all until market closed, then I got notice that everybody gotta evacuate because of the wild fire in the neighborhood. The wild fire happened every year here at southern California, but this time it is so close. In a short time of period, I saw sedans, SUVs, pickups running on the small street that were loaded with bags, boxes, and cases. I got nervous, rush back to the house and started packing immediately. Suddenly I had the pictures rolling in my mind, which looked like from the Hollywood war movies. I felt what it may be like when people tried to flee away from the hometown during the war time. Suddenly I feel I am so lucky to live in a peaceful time and this little difficulty seems nothing.

No comments: